cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
scarfinv
Level 1
9 7 1 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

HP Smart App is stuck in an endless loop

HP Recommended

I start the HP Smart app, and i get a screen about sharing usage data.  I click yes.  Then I get another screen about sharing usage data.  I click yes.  Then I get that same screen again.  I click yes. Same screen again.... can't get of out of it!First ScreenFirst ScreenSecond Screen that can't be dismissedSecond Screen that can't be dismissed

7 REPLIES 7
mervinsx
Level 2
11 6 0 5
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue and unable to use the device's scanning facility without the app.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
scarfinv
Author
Level 1
9 7 1 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I finally went to the HP website and manually downloaded all drivers and software so that I can use my printers without the HP Smart app (which is certainly a misnomer).

Happily printing and scanning now.

mervinsx
Level 2
11 6 0 5
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It looks like it has resovled itself now.

HK1963
3 3 0 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not on my computers it hasn't 😞

GMC2020
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the same issue. This must be a HP issue. 

jarras144
1 1 0 1
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same for me.  Just showed up today.  Rebooted PC and Printer.  Doesn't matter if I answer Yes or No to prompt, still an endless loop

HillFirm
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am one of 15 team members who are now unable to use our scanners. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation