Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet M203DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

We have an M203Dw that uses the ePrint and has been working up until a couple days ago.  Now jobs sent to the printer via the address are not working but i do receive an email saying it was received and should print shortly.   When checking the status on the printer the ePrint server status is good but the status for the Printers email address shows an error "Unable to handle the request.  Try again later".  I have searched the intergoogles and cannot find any mention of the error or the cause (come on HP, you programmed that error, would be nice if you acknowledged its existence and elaborated).  I have rebooted, updated firmware (Current firmware data code 20201023) and changed the printers email address to no avail.  Any help would be much appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I Have the same problem with aM476 printer

HP Recommended

@RandoOnlineUser, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If your HP ePrint job fails, confirm the network connection is functioning and check ePrint requirements.

1. Restart the printer.

2. Print a test page from a device on the same local network, and then respond to any messages that display.

3. Make sure the email subject line is filled out, your printer email address is correct, and you have less than ten compatible attachments.

For more detailed steps, go to HP ePrint Job Does Not Print.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@TEJ1602 - thanks

All the listed actions have been taken and no change to operation.  When sending test emails I am including only one attachment which is a text document with one sentence (no special characters, literally just says "this is a test") so not an issue with that.  When sending the email I get the usual auto response saying it will print soon but never does.  When checking the Eprint status the connection to eprint server is good just erroring on the email address check with that error message that i cannot find any further information on.  Network connection is good so really dont get it, is Eprint being discontinued and just no one was told about it?

HP Recommended

Hi @TCI-Tom 

For the M476 model, I afraid this is expected, please find below support document:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05211712

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, it worked perfectly before. I have checked the list of unsopported printers and mine (M102w) is not included. In the configuration webserver I can see that connection with Web Services is ok but Email address is not working:

chemanork_0-1611219262435.png

Email is correctly processed by HP Web Services:

chemanork_1-1611219364483.png

Printer is correctly set up in the network since I can print with Windows 10 driver.

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Firware updated. Problem solved. 

HP Recommended

I disabled auto update of firmware as it turned my printer into a paper weight by not recognizing the non HP cartridges.  So now, If I don't update the firmware I cannot use eprint, but if I update the firmware the cartridges are useless and I can't print at all.  This will be the last HP Printer and likely HP device I will ever buy.   I don't appreciate being help hostage by firmware updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.