Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Print Service Plugin app installed on my Android 6.0.1 phone. All of a sudden it will only print paper size "Main-Index Card 3x5." I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it to no avail. The problem is happening on my daughter's Android phone as well.  Since it's happening on all our devices I've checked the settings on the printer and on my PC and they both are set to letter size. I have had this app on my phone and previous phones for a very long time without any issues. What is the problem????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi!

Were you able to see these options on the HP ePrint app?

HP-ePrint-printer-settings.jpg

If not, just select the file first that you want to print then you will see a gear icon on the upper right side. That should be the printing preferences option. If you're able to find that then you can change the paper size into Letter (8.5x11).

Let me know if this helped. 🙂

"Although I am working for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

After downloading the app you will need to enable it within your settings also.  If it hasn't been enabled, you might not be getting the full features.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

HP Recommended
Thank you so much for your help. I enabled the app before trying to print. I am able to print but it will only print the 3x5 size. This somehow got changed on the app I had been using for over a year. That's why I reinstalled the app. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you so much!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please to print through the HP eprint app rather than theprint plugin for andorid to see if you get more options that way.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

HP Recommended

I am unable to print anything except a 3x5 image through the HP eprint app as well. I don't know if it matters or not but the image I am trying to print doesn't shrink to a 3x5 size; instead, only the part of the original image that is 3x5 will print. So it will just be the corner of the image for example. I really appreciate your help!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you tell me what Android mobile device you are using and what printer you are trying to print to? A new version of the Print Service Plugin was recently released. Please update and try the latest version.

__slider__

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi!

Were you able to see these options on the HP ePrint app?

HP-ePrint-printer-settings.jpg

If not, just select the file first that you want to print then you will see a gear icon on the upper right side. That should be the printing preferences option. If you're able to find that then you can change the paper size into Letter (8.5x11).

Let me know if this helped. 🙂

"Although I am working for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I was able to get the app to work finally and I'm not sure why it decided to work all of a sudden. I didn't do anything differently :). Now I'm having problems getting my printer to be "discoverable." I'll keep working on that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.