Level 1
4 2 1 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP smart app not connecting the printer

HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2752
Linux

I have my HP deskjet 2752 connected to the computer (Linux).  Because it comes with the ink refill program, I'm trying to hook it up to the network.  Because the computer is Linux, I can't use 123.hp.com (requires Windows or MAC).    Using the HP Smart program on my android phone, I can add my first printer.  It finds the printer, but fails every time.  I get to the point of pressing the flashing information screen, it pauses a minute (accessing the network), then fails every time.  The error I get is "Something might be wrong with your password".

The password is correct as it is the same password all the other devices in the network use and they work just fine.

Steps taken to remedy:

Verified the password is keyed correctly.  After several fails, I just copied it directly over.

Tried to use 123.hp.com, but it requires a Windows or Mac computer...I use Linux.

force stop the HP program (apps settings), clear the cache

Uninstall and re-install the HP smart program

Rebooted the printer several times

Nothing seems to work. Any useful suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,386 13,334 1,363 3,545
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

What is the model of the router you're using?  Does it have Fast Transition or WPA3?

Possible to disable Fast Transition and if that doesn't work,  change to WPA2 and try connecting again?

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
needfuleffable
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem with the HP Smart app.

I am trying to set up a new OfficeJet 9015e using the HP Smart app for Android. Whenever I enter my wireless password, I get the error message, "Something might be wrong with your password," even though I am certain the password is correct. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times and have also tried turning the printer off and on again several times. Nothing has worked.

I'm inclined to return the printer. If setup is this bad, I'm worried printing and scanning will be equally unreliable. (For whatever it's worth, I'm not saying that to make my problem seem more urgent or to annoy the customer support team, but simply as an honest reflection of my frustration. This is not a good first impression. I think I'd rather print at FedEx.)

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,386 13,334 1,363 3,545
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @needfuleffable , 

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

What is the model of the router you're using?  Does it have Fast Transition or WPA3?

Possible to disable Fast Transition and if that doesn't work,  change to WPA2 and try connecting again?

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
needfuleffable
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I use an TP-Link AX3000 (Archer AX50) router. It does not support WPA3 or Fast Transition.

0 Kudos
needfuleffable
6 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I returned the printer. I could not set it up. I have a Computer Science degree.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation