Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP3070A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've changed internet provider then router.

My new router is Zyxel VMG8825-T50K.

I'm unable to connect to the wifinetwork unless i set it as OPEN (no protection).

I've tryed with:

- Connecting the printer with USB and then convert the connection to Wifi

- Try to connect with WPS by Pushbutton on the router

- Try to connect with WPS by typing on the router the password given by the printer

All the tryals gave me "error on connection" or "unspecified error"

No one of the above let me connect the printer to the WIFI. Only way to connect is disabling the protection to the wifi (Open network with no autentication).

The router have only 2 possibility:

- No protection

- WPA2-PSK AES

Cattura.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@EnricoIT

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Restore the network settings: 1. Press the Wireless button to display the Wireless Menu. 2. From the Wireless Menu, select Settings. 3. From the Settings menu, select Restore Defaults. 4. Confirm selection to restore defaults.

Once done, use the HP Smart App on your Computer to connect:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No way to have it working. 

I've tried also to make full reset with hidden menu, but not working.

I'm supposing that the printer (has it's quite old) is no supporting the encrypt method

HP Recommended

Is your Wi-Fi on 2.4 GHz?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Wifi is Mesh 5 and 2.4, but i've tried also only 2.4.

Look like problem is with security encryption. Exactly same network, without protection, the printer can connect immediately. If i'm enabling the WPA can't connect in any way

HP Recommended

Yes, it would not support it.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.