Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

SharedScreenshot.jpg

I have two HP7855 which i use for a small business. Both printers disconnected from the network after installing an update. Printers still showed connected to wifi but none of them where reporting traffic or printing from their @hpeprint.com address.

I had to factory reset one of them to get it connected to the network (the other printer is still offline). The printer lost its configured @hpeprint.com address after factory restore and for whatever reason "https://www.hpsmart.com/us/en/newprinter" wont accept any claim codes provided by the printer.

-I noticed the issue when one of my suppliers called me asking if i had received his last invoice. I replayed a very confident "I have nothing from you on my printer tray". So he forwarded to my inbox the email sent to my printer and so i noticed the email was a couple days old. I then sent a few test emails to both printers and none of them worked. I verified the firewall and to my surprise both printers IP's where silent, they haven't received or sent traffic for days.-

Ive spent a couple hours troubleshooting the problem reading "solutions" on this forum and reading the HP help page but nothing is working.

Funny thing to notice, the printer automatically print a new code every few minutes while the claim code screen is open (on the printer), but none of those codes are accepted - its just wasting ink and paper on his own.

I will definitely avoid HP products on the foreseeable future. This issues can be tolerated when you use the printer for personal use, but not for business.

If anyone can spare me buying two new network printers ill be incredibly grateful.

Thanks for reading 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Aghashie

Welcome to HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks.

Looking forward to hear from them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.