Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp deskjet 3510
Other

I need help with hooking up my printer to my cellphone

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Iluvthecubs20

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the operating system? Android or iOS

Step 1: Install the HP Print Service Plugin

Install the HP Print Service Plugin on your Android OS 5.0 or later, and then turn on the plugin.

NOTE: Menus, icons, and the location of the print settings vary by Android version and device manufacturer.
  1. Confirm your Android device is connected to the same network as your printer, or that Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Android device is enabled.

2. On your Android device, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin (in English).

3. Once the installation or update is complete, choose your Android device to turn on the plugin:

• Android 7 (Nougat) and later devices: The HP Print Service Plugin turns on automatically after installation. Continue with these steps.

• Android 6 (Marshmallow) and earlier devices: Tap Settings, search for and open HP Print Service, and then tap On.

4. Turn off any other print service plugins, if necessary.

Your Android device is now ready to print using the HP Print Service Plugin.

Step 2: Print with the HP Print Service Plugin

Print photos, documents, emails, or webpages from Android apps that provide a Print option on their menu.

VIDEO

Printing to an HP Printer from Android: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHV5NLOEMbY&feature=emb_title

Learn how to print from an Android device to a wireless HP printer.

1. Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon , and then tap Print.

A print preview screen displays.

2. Tap the down arrow to view the printer list, and then select HP [your printer model name] to print over the network, or DIRECT-xx-HP [your printer model name] to print with Wi-Fi Direct.

Selecting a network-connected printer

3. Tap the down arrow  to change any print settings, and then tap the Print  icon.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the app that you want to print from.
  2. To find the print option, tap the app's share icon — or. — or tap .
  3. Scroll down and tap. or Print. ...
  4. Tap Select Printer and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer.
  5. Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
  6. Tap Print in the upper-right corner.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.​​​​​​​

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.