Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-19-2012 11:17 AM
If you haven't created an account or added your printer to your account on HP ePrintCenter:
- Go to www.hpeprintcenter.com.
- Click the Sign In button to sign into the site, if you don't have an account yet, after clicking Sign In, click Create an Account to sign up for an account.
- Add your printer to your account...see this post:
During the add printer process you will be able to choose a new email address.
If your printer is already on your account at the HP ePrintCenter:
- Go to the HP ePrintCenter
- Log into your account
- Select the Printers tab (should default to that tab after you log in)
- Click on the "Change>>" button next to your printer's email address
10-10-2019 07:09 AM
Go to hpsmart.com and sign in if you aren't already. On first sign in it will ask you if you would like to change the default email. Alternatively if it doesn't pop up automatically, it will show up in the bottom right of the page as "ePrint Address" where you can then change it.
10-30-2019 02:39 PM
That almost worked. I'm replacing an 8600 series with a 9018 series. The 8600 is removed from the network and my account. When I try to change the default email address on the 9018 to the one I used on the 8600 it says email address already in use. How do I force the 9018 to accept the old email address?
10-30-2019 06:01 PM
That's a great idea Bill_Will. I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it. Unfortunately, and quite out of character, I went to great lengths to remove the 8600 and all it's related software to be sure there were no conflicts. I'm afraid there's no 8600 to go back to.
Thank you very much for your quicl reply.
11-02-2019 10:41 PM
You don't necessarily need the software installed to check on printer settings and make changes.
- For printers connected to a local network: Obtain the printer IP address, the unique identification number assigned to the printer on the network, and enter it into a web browser address bar.
- Use the HP Smart app: Available through the printer settings in the HP Smart app on your computer or mobile device.
- Connect to the printer with Wi-Fi Direct: Set up this direct wireless connection to the printer, and then enter the IP address 192.168.223.1 into a web browser address bar.