Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Officejet3830 printer
iOS

Hi! 

I have an Officejet 3830 and it won’t let me print from my iphone. It’s telling me that my printer if offline. I don’t know how it going offline on its own and I don’t know how to turn it back to online. I have not found a solution with hp virtual assistant as I have a Chromebook. When printing from my Chrombook I have to use the USB. Is there a way for me to change its online status from the printer or from my iPhone? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @LT10

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printer offline issue. 

To better assist you - 

1.) Are the printer and iPhone/ Chromebook connected to the same network?

2.) Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? Or, maybe connected through an extender? 

3.) What is the distance between the router and the printer?  

While you respond to that, let's try rebooting the devices -

1.) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the iOS device.

2.) Wait for 60 seconds.

3.) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.

4.) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.

5.) Turn on the iOS device.

Let's update the iOS device. Refer to this document for steps - Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To update the printer's firmware, refer to this document for step by step instructions - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Also, check for sleep mode settings. To change the time to Sleep mode -

1.) From the Home screen, touch Setup.

2.) Touch Power Handling.

3.) Touch Sleep Mode and set it to off or max.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.