2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hp smart app on iOS crashing on startup

HP Recommended
Hp smart
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi

just noticed my hp smart app is crashing when I try to open it. I’m running it on an iPhone 11 with all latest updates. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but same issue.

any help appreciated.

j

2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,302 31,016 5,345 12,446
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is your Facebook account configured on the app? this is likely the cause due to an issue with their SDK:

https://www.cnet.com/news/spotify-waze-and-other-popular-ios-apps-crashing/

I suggest uninstalling the HP Smart app first and reinstall it from the steps, I could not see any similar behavior till adding a Facebook Account to any of the app features.

May you now able to launch the HP Smart app?

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Jcm71
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for sharing the article. I'm not using Facebook for authentication but tried it again yesterday and it's working. So I think probably some external factor and so may be connected to the Facebook SDK issue.

Cheers

J

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation