Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Other

I lost wifi when pur electricity was out for a few hours. Now I can't get it to re connect, it's asking for a wps password. I thought I found it but it's not valid. Then today it tells me I need to install the app which I have un-installed it and re installed it few times.  Nothing is working. I have had this printer just a year now. It's frustrating!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @crazyboymom38,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing difficulties reconnecting your HP printer to your Wi-Fi network after a power outage. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

Reset Network Settings on the Printer:

• On the printer's control panel, navigate to the "Network" or "Wireless" settings.
  • Look for an option to reset network settings or restore network defaults.
  • Select this option to reset the printer's network settings to factory defaults.
  • After resetting, follow the on-screen instructions to reconnect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.

Use WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup):

• If your Wi-Fi router supports WPS, you can use this method to quickly connect your printer to the network.
  • Press the WPS button on your router (usually located on the router itself) and then quickly press the WPS button on your printer.
  • The printer should automatically connect to the Wi-Fi network without the need for a password.

Verify Wi-Fi Password:

• Double-check the Wi-Fi password you're entering on the printer to ensure it's correct. Make sure there are no typos or mistakes.
  • If you're unsure about the Wi-Fi password, you can usually find it on a sticker on the back or bottom of your router. It may also be listed in your router's settings interface.

Update Printer Firmware:

• Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Updated firmware may include improvements or fixes related to network connectivity.
  • Visit the HP support website, enter your printer model, and download/install any available firmware updates following the provided instructions.

Reinstall HP Smart App:

• If you're using the HP Smart app to set up the printer, try reinstalling the app on your smartphone or tablet.
  • After reinstalling the app, follow the on-screen instructions to reconnect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.

Restart Router:

• Sometimes, restarting your Wi-Fi router can help resolve connectivity issues. Unplug the router from the power source, wait for a minute or two, and then plug it back in. Allow the router to restart fully before attempting to reconnect the printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.