Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm unable to log in to hpsmart to use my printer.

It says my info is invalid, but I went through the "forgot username/ password" link several times. I clicked "forgot password" and they sent a code to my correct email address (which is also my username) to reset password. I reset it. Ho confirmed I "successfully reset" my password. Then when I try to log in it says " invalid sign in info".

I have been through this process several times. I cannot find any way to talk to an actual person and the bot is worthless. I feel I would be better off purchasing a different brand of printer, and avoiding hp products altogether as I just can't get any customer service.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Chuckalucka

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried to log in again after reading your post via email. It said info was invalid.

I clicked the link in the email to the forum and clicked button to reply to your post. It asked me to sign in, then said my info was invalid.

I tried to sign into hpsmart, was told my info was invalid.

I went back to the link in the email and attempted to reply to your post. It accepted my log in info and I am able to reply.

I tried to log in to hpsmart to see if that meant the issue was resolved. I was not able to sign in.

Screenshot_20220318-143533.png

HP Recommended

@Chuckalucka

Have you tried resetting the account? If not, select the options forgot user name or password. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I have stated above, I have been through that process several times. I have screenshots of confirmations that my resets were successful only to be asked to sign in and when i try using the info on my screenshot it tells me that my info is invalid. 

I solved the problem today by purchasing a printer from Cannon. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Chuckalucka ,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.   

The solution for the log in error can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PznIYq0VO0o&t=179s

If the printer is still availabe, try to log in with a different browser.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.