Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5030 Printer/Scanner

I am trying to connect my new HP ENVY 5030 printer to my wifi router, but it fails with both SSID+password and with WSP.

The router is a Netgear3500.

SSID+password:

It finds my network, I select it and enter password. After a long time it just says "cannot connect".

WSP:

Trying WSP using the routers WSP-button fails (timeout after two minutes).

Loging on to my router, I can manually insert the printers PIN anbd press ok. After a while, the router says that it has successfully added the device <MAC address>.  However on the printer display, there is still a timeout.

Edit:   I have now tried connecting the printer to the network using the HP Smart app on my phone (failed, suggesting pw error) as well as on pc (failed  with the suggestion to move the printer closer to the wifi router  -  it is one meter away from it! And other connected devices works)

Edit 2: I took the printer to my girlfriends home, there it immediately connected via SSID and password ...

Any advise? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Miseg

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Update the Router firmware. Restart the Printer, Router and the PC/phone and try again. 

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion. There is however no later firmware available.

HP Recommended

This seems like a router issue as it works fine with the router, i suggest you reach your internet service provider.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.