Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4500 G510n-z
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Suddenly my printer will not print anything from websites.  In the comments section of the settings it says "This is a web services printer."  It never was before and I never had issues.  I don't know how this changed and I can't find how to remove it.  Any help is appreciated.

Thankyou.

Jane Tremper

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. Can you try the following:

Please Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Also, which browser are you printing from?  Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome or others?  Can you try using another browser and see if the problem still exist?

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I downloaded the fix.  I also took your suggestion to try another browser.  I still cannot print from Firefox, my browser of choice for many years.  I have never had an issue.  I tried Explorer and was able to print the flyer.  Unfortunately, my color ink is low and it didn't print properly, but it printed.  That is more than I could get from Firefox.  I have been trying to fix this for two days.  For the amount of money I lost, I could have purchased three new printers. 

Thank you for your help.  My new printer will not be an HP.  This printer has been nothing but a headache since the day I purchased it.  I should have returned it but I was traveling extensively and never could get the time to return.  I would not recommend this printer to my worst enemy.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.  We have seen this issue, which is usually resolved by changing browsers.

The Officejet 4500 is a fairly old printer. You must have taken good care of it for it to last so long. 🙂

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi, I get the error message "This is a web services printer" even when trying to print a testpage via Systemsteuerung\...\GeräteUndDrucker > right click > Druckereigenschaften on the icon of "HP504FFF(HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A909a)".

Not depending on Firefox or any Non-Windows-Software.

How to get my printer running again?

Windows 10, 64 bit, Auto update

LAN Cable

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.