Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8030
iOS

F78EE4A7-0DFA-47EA-9512-98637F35F1CD.png

I have been getting this message the past month. Phone is running iOS 15.2 but am able to print and scan with another phone running HP Smart with same OS. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The app is working now. I did two things. First, I removed Spanish from my iPhone Language options because I am trying to troubleshoot another app that is showing results in kilometers instead of miles. Second, I restarted my phone after removing the language option. I do not recall if I restarted my phone after doing the printer network reset. The reset may have solved the problem but I think the removal of Spanish helped with another app that was not loading. The kilometers are still showing in the other app, by my HP Smart app is working.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@millersupak

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Are the printer and iOS devices connected to the same network?
  • Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? If yes, make sure the dual-band has different SSIDs for 2.4G and 5G networks.
  • Have you tried updating the HP smart app to the latest version?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. Questions are answered below.

• Are the printer and iOS devices connected to the same network?

Yes. They are on the same network and on the same access point.

• Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? If yes, make sure the dual-band has different SSIDs for 2.4G and 5G networks.

The router is dual-band enabled and has different SSIDs for the 2.3 and 5 networks.

• Have you tried updating the HP smart app to the latest version?

The app is on the latest version (8.11.1).

HP Recommended

@millersupak

Thank you for posting back.

Let's restore the printer to the original network settings:

• 1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).
  • 2. Touch Network Setup.
  • 3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.
  • 4. Touch Yes.
  • 5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.
    Once it's done try contacting your iOS device.

Keep me posted! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am not able to print or scan from the HP Smart app. Printing is not an issue because I can print from the iPhone menu.  I have attached a screenshot of the menu I use to print things  - both of the highlighted selections work.

IMG_612BD40AF768-1.jpeg

While I do not need to print from within the HP Smart app, I need the HP Smart app for scanning. When I reset the network settings on the printer, I followed the prompts in the HP Smart app to add the printer again. I went through all the steps until I got to a screen that said "Cannot connect to server" (screenshot attached).

IMG_8340.PNG

I tried the Retry button several times but it did not work. When I clicked the Skip button, it took me to the main screen. When I try to login to my account or scan something, I got the screen that says "No Internet Connection" again. When I installed the HP Smart app on my daughter's phone to make sure it worked, she clicked on the Scan button and it opened another window where she logged into my account. After we logged in, she was able to scan. 

HP Recommended

The app is working now. I did two things. First, I removed Spanish from my iPhone Language options because I am trying to troubleshoot another app that is showing results in kilometers instead of miles. Second, I restarted my phone after removing the language option. I do not recall if I restarted my phone after doing the printer network reset. The reset may have solved the problem but I think the removal of Spanish helped with another app that was not loading. The kilometers are still showing in the other app, by my HP Smart app is working.

HP Recommended

@millersupak

Thank you for posting back.

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@millersupak - WOW. I’m shocked at your answer. I can’t believe removing a language has anything to do with this problem. 

I’ve been plagued with this problem for some time now. I have a lock as blocking VPN on my phone, turned it off, turned off other ad blockers too. No luck. 

Not believing removing a language does anything..still I see that I had Japanese installed on my phone from some other stuff I was playing with. I removed it. VIOLA!

thank you for providing a REAL workaround, as opposed to the generic HP information ‘check your wifi settings’ nonsense. 

HP, please fix this issue to allow multiple languages to work on the phone with your app. Also would be nice to provide a better error message/log instead of ‘no internet connection’, which is wrong. 

HP Recommended

I had the same issue, at first I didn’t think this was a real solution, but then after removing the Spanish language from setting it RELLY WORKED! thank you, I was tired of removing/updating the app every time like all the HP support keep suggesting.

HP Recommended

I thought this was a joke, but sure enough, I removed French from my phone and now it is working. Unfortunately, I use both languages and need to add it back, so this will be an ongoing frustration, but at least I have a workaround now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.