Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Glad other people are seeing this here. It’s not easy to search for this on Google, since no one would search for ‘multiple languages blocking HP sign in’. 

My hunch is this is an issue with iOS, not HP. I don’t think HP would build software do check for multiple languages in their code. iOS is known to be a rapidly evolving platform and many parts don’t have good documentation. 

HP - if you’re reading this, you should have an app which allows printer access on the local network without requiring any logins. It should be stripped down to function without the phone requiring internet access.

We can already print via AirPrint which has no security credentials, viewing ink cartridge levels and using the scanner without security is the same level of risk in my book. The owner of the printer can decide to allow access without credentials and can take that risk if desired. 

HP Recommended

The iOS (and Android) platforms are rapidly changing... but they provide changelogs and documentation on what's being changed everytime there's a release, it's really up to the app publishers to track changes and update their apps according - that is, of course, if they still want people using their apps. 

As for this problem, I removed all languages except for English and I still am seeing pop ups that tell me there's no internet connection, even though I restarted my internet setup and printer multiple times. Pretty poor setup experience so far - I'll try once more to get it connected but will return this printer otherwise. 

HP Recommended

I would recommend trying to reset your entire phone - wipe everything. Then install the HP app to try to connect to it. 
Yea it’s a pain, you’ll have to make a backup of your phone etc. But then you can narrow it down and attribute it to some other knob or dial on your phone and not anything else in your setup. 

Still waiting for someone ‘official’ from HP to provide comment on this thread besides some pre canned generic message go at least acknowledge this issue… 

HP Recommended

I had same problem too. I found another solution. I read this topic about deleting the language from Iphone. I noticed that my Iphone has two languages. I checked settings ->Language&Region . I saw that My "region" shows that USA. But I'm in Turkey.

I changed the "region" USA to Turkey. Voila. It is printing now.IMG_6926-1.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.