Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

For some reason today when I once more tried to enable web services it all worked fine and I am now enabled. I think that it may have had to do with me disconnecting the printer unplugging it and setting up in another part of the house. A classic case of a cold boot fixing things. I didn't reset the modem or router as far as I remember.

Sorry if this doesn't help anyone else but I am pleased to finally have it running.

HP Recommended

Just adding my experience here.  I've been getting the same failure trying to enable Web Services until I finally went in and turned off the IPV6 protocol.  After doing that the Web Services activated immediately.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and noticed my wireless settings had no static DNS. Once I added my router and 8.8.4.4 the issue cleared up.

It defaults to WIFI for outside connectivity evidently.

Hope this helps.

Eric

HP Recommended

Time and Date settings fixed here too...  

...after 30 minutes of cursing HP!

Thank you!!

HP Recommended

Thank you, thank you, thank you, . I registered for this forum just out of sheer gratitude for you posted solution. I double checked and found out that my date and time were infact wrong on my Officejet Pro 8620. After currecting the date, tWeb Services were able to log into their servers. Something so simply, yet it was confounding me for several hours. Im sure HP Instant Ink also appreciates getting the first update from my printer in two months time.

HP Recommended

FIXED!!!  THANK YOU!  I've been trying to fix this for MONTHS...nothing worked.  My printer clock was off by TWO YEARS!

HP Recommended

Wow.  A simple change of the date fixed the problem.      Great answer.  

My calendar month shifted back five months during a recent storm.       

HP Recommended

I do recall having the same problem. I believe I had to update web services before it would work. I realize you are having a hard time with Internet, but that is the first thing it needs to do before actually working.

HP Recommended

This was my answer from when I bought the machine.

I had the same problem and noticed my wireless settings had no static DNS. Once I added my router and 8.8.4.4 the issue cleared up.

It defaults to WIFI for outside connectivity evidently.

Hope this helps.

Eric

HP Recommended

Thanks for this: I had problems for weeks.  Changing to the proper date has fixed it.

Gwilym

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.