Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to print a photo from the app but it is printing it like a normal document, this has printed as a photo before via my phone but now it won't work, so I tried using the app select photo printing and still this is printing as a document. 

When I print photos its slower to come out and brighter, documents are fast and not as good quality. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @2992jo

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with photo printing. I'd like to help!

To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

May I have the exact product name and number? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Its a ink jet 2600

HP Recommended

This is a inkjet 2600

HP Recommended

Hi @2992jo, 

Thanks for the details. Please try the following below. 

The quality of a printed document or photo is not as expected. The procedures in this document should help with streaked or faded printouts, color or black ink not printing, documents with blurred or fuzzy text, ink streaks or smears, and other print quality problems.

Step 1: Use genuine HP ink cartridges

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to the HP anti-counterfeit webpage (in English).

Purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies from the HP Store or local retailers.

NOTE:

Rough handling at the store or during installation can cause print quality problems with newly installed ink cartridges. If you see print problems with newly installed ink cartridges, wait for a few hours for the automatic servicing routine to complete, and then try to print again.

If installing genuine HP ink cartridges resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

Click here for the remaining steps. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @2992jo,

Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @2992jo,

As we did not hear from you, I'll be closing this case for now. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.