Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2676
Android 9.0 Pie
When I use this plugin to print a pdf from android, no matter how much times I choose B/W it prints in color using the color Cartridge...

I can affirm that on this print that a drop of water shows the colors utilized to print a page that should have been printed with black ink. Page 

The page is attached here and there we can see the magenta, yellow and cian inks.

My printer is a deskjet ink advantage 2676.

My device is running Android 10, it's a Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Lindomar

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "prints in color " issue. 

Follow the steps below-

Step 1-Open the PDF you wish to print.

Step 2-Click the "File" option from the toolbar at the top of the page, then choose "Print."

Step 3-Click "Preferences" from the gray box that appears on your screen.

Step 4-Select the "Color" tab at the top of the gray box.

Step 5-Choose the "Print on Grayscale" option, and select "Use Black Ink Cartridge" if applicable.

Step 6-Click "OK" at the bottom of the gray box to accept the setting.

Click "Print" and the document will print in black and white.

If the issue persists, install HP Smart and try printing from the app

and also check if there is a cartridge leakage inside the printer- Install and Use the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS, iPadOS)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I've done that. The problem, if you take a look  is that the text is printed in black but it uses the color cartridge to print.

I've selected a color pdf and printed it marking black in printing preferences, and it printed in black, but used the color cartridge to make the grayscale. I can confirm that just by a drop of water.

It seems android always print in that "high quality grayscale" but that's a non sense because it uses the color cartridge and lots of ink....

Probably makes sense to HP that earn money from the cartridges....

HP Recommended

@Lindomar

This printer supports printing in single-cartridge mode. Remove the color ink cartridge and try printing in black to check the results.

You may also try making a copy in black and check the print quality.

Keep us posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That is an absurd answer. Most HP printers require color cartridges to be present and valid or it will not print at all! Very clearly nothing more than a money grab to compel us 2 over consumed the color cartridges! Why make printer lines placating to the business consumer by claiming that the black only feature is much more cost-efficient when the mobile apps make it impossible to truly print only from the black cartridge!?

HP Recommended

@Teslawasright

As mentioned in my post, this model printer supports printing in single-cartridge mode. However, not all printers support this feature.

The printers are designed in such a way that it tries to balance the amount of ink usage from both the ink cartridges to produce a good quality print out.

You may install the full-featured driver to print and check if the issue persists.

For more information about cartridge yields and ink use, click here

Keep us posted for any other assistance.​​​​​​​

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Kumar0307

Your answer is becoming worst as you speak.

"You may install the full-featured driver to print and check if the issue persists."

If your really pay attention to this thread tile, you should know we are talking about Android. So now, HP Support Genius @Kumar0307, where can I download such thing as a "full-featured driver" for Android?

The problem is from HP Printing Plugin, such plugin should have an option to use only black ink. Windows have this option. So the app should have it too. Got it?

HP Recommended

@Lindomar

I agree that's my bad. I assumed the product is a Win PC as I was responding to the new user and there was no product mentioned in that post. Apologies for the same. If you have already tried using the HP Smart app and the issue persists, kindly reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Kumar0307

That's what I'm doing right now.

Aren't you a "I am an HP Employee"? You are support right?

So, please point me how to reach "Smart App" support, the link you provided doesn't do that.

HP Recommended

@Lindomar

I belong to the HP community team. I have sent you a private message with the details to connect the HP Support team in your region. Kindly check the same.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.