Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP8715 Officejet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As windows does it fouled up and I had to reintall it all again to clear the nasty Version 1903 changes that scarfed it up.  That resulted in me having to reinstall the printer.

This time when it installed it then printed out a 'Congratulations page you printer is now set up as xzy @ hpeprint.com'.  Well lord knows how it did that because it didn't before in any installs and I don't want the printer connected to any such service.  How do I delete it please and ensure I don't have the risk of people printing  unsolicited garbage to my printer?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@PC60 

Please Turn Off (Disables the HP ePrint printer email address.) using the following instructions

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04808536

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@PC60 

If you are not using any applications or software that requires it, you can switch off Web Services on the printer.

For example, Web Services is required by

1. ePrint (your printer email address that you say you do not want)
  2. Instant Ink Print-by-Page Subscriptions
  3. Mobile printing applications that access your printer via its connection to the Internet

If you need Web Services, if the feature is supported, you can simply switch off ePrint.

Consider - Before you make changes, read the User Guide

Also:

Website Support Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials

HP Connected > How to > Setting Up and Using HP ePrint

Changing Your HP ePrint Email Address

Open website:  HP Connected 

Open category How to > Turning On Web Services  (Includes “Turn off Web Services” help)

==================================================================

If the printer is on the network,

Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to manage / configure your printer.

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

General Examples - EWS - NOTE:  Options and Features differ by printer model

9025_EWS_Web_Services_Print-Apps_19025_EWS_Web_Services_Print-Apps_1

EWS_8630_Web-Services_1EWS_8630_Web-Services_1

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for the replies.

I think these will be a sort of solution but I am not confident that they are as there will be an account floating around  on HP's systems that I can't delete or know for sure is dissociated from my equipment.

I just want to make sure that the Printer is not connected to HP AT ALL so I need to delete and remove the account that they created without my express permission.  I am pretty angry that HP did NOT  explicitly ask permission with properly laid out dialog boxes during the reinstall.   To create the eprint mail account or ANY webservices is disgracefully assumptive that I actually want such service.

I don't use instant ink neither do I want backdoors to my computing hardware left open by their systems.

Would like an apology from HP themselves and action taken to put in place proper questions during install to prevent this happening again....

HP Recommended

On your router, block the printer from internet access.

Then you can turn it on only when you want to update firmware.

HP Recommended

@PC60 

Unfortunately, there is no way to convince you about "floating" accounts - there is no account associated with the address unless you create one in HP Connected.  Do NOT do that, by the way, or you will indeed have an account associated with the address.  An address without a service to support it is just an address.  

Switch off Web Services, block the IP at the router level, shred the little paper with the xyz @hpeprint.com address on it.  Use a password on your wireless network.  Block the printer (be careful about how you do this) with your security software. 

Read the printer's User Guide - lots of information and perhaps a good idea so you won't be surprised again later.  This advice is not meant to anger you - reading the user manual is an opportunity to learn about your printer.  If you have already done so, I commend you - not everyone takes the time.

Our community cannot provide you with an apology from HP - certainly we care but,simply, we are not HP.  You may voice your opinion here to the extent that your comments follow the Rules of Participation.  In other words, within those boundaries, you are welcome to voice your concerns. 

Reference:  

HP Support Community: Rules of Participation

Contact HP - Tell HP what you think:

Executive Team: CEO email | HP® Official Site

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Well from the printer touchscreen I switched OFF webservices and that got rid of the email address showing on the printer.

Router is always heavily passworded.

As the printer was to be shared on home network blocking it in the router is a step too far so the based on that the printer is headed to the skip as trash, shame HP don't put a proper setup routine that ASKED before doing that.

Thanks but no more hp kit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.