Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OFFICEJET 8710
iOS

Hi all,

ive had a look around but not found the answer to this. I had no problem printing things last week but now suddenly printer is asking for a password. I’ve seen other people ask this and the reply has been that the password is your router password. Well, I tried that and it’s still not working! I’ve tried switching router off then on again but no luck there either.

any help, advice, tips or cheesecake gratefully appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please explain your full network setup and how everything is connected including all equipment.

HP Recommended

Eek. I’m a bit of a technophobe I’m afraid so if this is rubbish please let me know.

I’ve got my iPad set up and connected to router. Router is in living room. I set the printer up and it was working fine. I’ve printed and copied from it before. Now it is asking for a password but telling me my WiFi password is the wrong one.

HP Recommended

ARe you trying to print via Wireless Direct or through your router?  If you have a router, Wireless Direct is to be disabled in the printer as you are connected to your router to print. 

HP Recommended

Please excuse me, I’m a muppet. I forgot to go into the printer settings and switch the wireless connection on. Somehow I’d missed the fact that there should be a bright blue light on it! That’s me up and running now, sorry for being a pest! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.