Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
iOS

I just tried to print a doc from my iPhone 7 to my wireless HP printer.  I go through all of the normal steps and in the end my screen shows a message "Contacting Printer..."  This message stays on the screen forever and no printing actually happens.  It seems that there are some connectivity issues with the printer and i cannot seem to troubleshoot these on my own.  I have verified that the printer is connected to wifi and isnt out of ink.  I did some test prints and that works fine.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I had the same problem. What seemed to work for me was to reconnect the printer to the router then force restart my iPad and iPhone and try printing again. I have had a few times when I couldn’t print but then I just turned everything off and back on and I could print. One time nothing seemed to work and I just left everything on and for no apparent reason I was able to print about an hour later. So far recently I have been able to print now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.