Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi 

I cant figure out how can i reset the web services administator password as it is not letting me log in it just keeps on coming up like this:Capture.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Bilal_M 

I opened and checked the Password Settings in the EWS, under security, and have found that the default for the User Name is admin (all lower case).

If this does not work, you may need to restore the network defaults on the printer to reset the Embedded Web Server.

What printer model do you have?  How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy 5532 Series

Yes i know the username is admin but i cant figure out the password??

Plz Help

Thanks!!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi @Bilal_M

Restoring the network defaults will restore the password too, but you will need to reconfigure the printer for your wireless network.

To restore the network defaults, touch the little wrench on the top of the printer front panel, then navigate to and select Wireless. In the Wireless menu, choose Restore Network Defaults.

After the defaults are restored, return to the Wireless menu, choose Wireless Setup Wizard, and follow the on screen instructions to reconnect to the network again.

Now you can go back to the Embedded Web Server (the printers IP address might be different, you may need to check the wireless menu).

I hope this resolves the issue.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have tried EVERYTHING everyone has suggested to get into the web services after setting a password... even spent an hour on chat with a technician who had me reset everything. Why don't the technicians at HP know the username is "admin"?  OMG - thank you for saving my sanity 4 years after your original post!

HP Recommended

Sunshyn2005, excellent post and providing outstanding service for us tech-challenged folks.  Kudos.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.