mararunr
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Smart Task - Save To - Duplex Scanning?

HP Recommended
HP OJ 9015

HP OJ 9015

HP Smart - Smart Task - Save To (in my case OneDrive but that's irrelevant to the question)

Printer does full duplex scanning in stand-alone mode no problem.

Smart Task only seems to do single-sided scanning.  Cannot find setting to change Save To scanning to duplex.  (Yes, I looked in Document Handling Settings and try different things there just in the off chance only one combination gets duplex.)  Printer just received yesterday and all firmware/apps up to date (yes, I double-checked them).  

Tried to contact online support (the little pop-up box where it first asks for your printer model).  Got dropped by two different agents (Christy and Matthew) who couldn't/wouldn't answer my question.

Found reply from thread in July 2017 where Smart app was still dumb and duplex only worked for "Scan To Email" but not "Save To".  It's over 3 years later and surely the Smart app is now actually smart enough to do duplex for "Save To" like "Scan to Email", right?

Please help.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,557
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mararunr, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Thanks for letting us know, but like you mentioned HP Smart does not support duplex scanning.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation