Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-09-2022 09:48 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a connectivity issue with your HP OfficeJet 6962 All-in-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist you better:
- How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
- Do you have a dual-band router?
- If you have a dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.
While you respond to that, let's Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on the printer
- Prepare a printer for a Wi-Fi connection by restoring the Wi-Fi setup mode.
- When the settings are restored, the printer enters Wi-Fi setup mode for about two hours, making it discoverable during the HP software installation.
- Most printers with a touchscreen: From the Wireless or Setup menu, select Network setup or Settings, and then select Restore Network Settings.
- Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community