Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7134
iOS

Hi folks, Newby here and not very tech savvy.

I am trying to get my new hp envy photo 7134 running. It’s online (solid blue light) but the hp smart app just keeps saying to reconnect my mobile (iphone6) to net work. I have done several times and return to app to find same msg. 
I notice that there is a wi-fi direct and a password is given.should I go to this or is it an and/or situation with my home hi-fi?

Help really appreciated.....

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Crazyfitter, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you'd want to print from your iPhone to the printer. In order to resolve the issue, I would recommend you follow the document HP Printers - Printing from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch for help.

If you have issues printing wireless, you can try the Wi-Fi Direct method. Follow the steps below-

Connect your Apple device directly to the printer with Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct.

NOTE: 

The following steps temporarily disconnect your Apple device from the Internet. If you are printing web-based content such as emails, webpages, or cloud-based documents, open them before proceeding.

1. Make sure the printer is turned on, ink cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.

2. On your Apple iOS device, tap Settings, and then tap Wi-Fi.

3. Under the Choose a network menu, select your printer with DIRECT in the name.

4. If prompted for a password, type 12345678. This is the default password to log in.

5. Open the document, photo, email, or webpage you want to print, and then tap the Share icon  or  

6. Tap Print or the Print icon  to open Printer Options.

7. Tap Select Printer to select your printer.

8. Reconnect to your local Wi-Fi network after the print job completes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. My problem was that the app seemed to be stuck on ‘reconnect’ when it clearly already was. A friend came round who is a lot more tech savvy than me but who also was stuck. I wanted to print a pdf from an email and as I couldn’t work out how to do it he showed me and it printed ok. Going back to the app it was still stuck on ‘reconnect’. I left it for 2 days and now find the app is working and have signed onto the ink supply. 
Thank you for your effort but the problem is still a mystery to me but it’s working ok now :=)

HP Recommended

@Crazyfitter

That's great! Happy to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.