Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5541
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

How do I connect my Andoid phone to a HP eprint App so I can print from a HP Envy printer. The HPeprint App won't let me print files. I can print photographs seemingly ok. The App asks me for my email address: no problem. It asks me for my password: no problem. Then it asks me for something else what, I don't know. The message i get is:

'Oops! Gmail requires an additional security step. Please check your email security settings online.'

I checked my email security online and discovered that the new extra security step is turned off. So, what do I do? What can I do? I have spent about four days trying to fathom this out and all explanations and help have come to nothing. PLEASE somebody help me before I die of frustration!

Bob692

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @Bob692, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues printing from HP Eprint app.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned you are unable to print using print app using an android device.

Try the steps recommended below.

Try these recommendations and procedures to help troubleshoot and avoid wireless connectivity issues.
Restart the printer and the computer: Restarting the computer and the printer can clear possible error conditions.
Confirm the printer connection and network name: On the printer, make sure that the blue light next to the Wireless icon () is on and steady, then touch the Wireless network menu to make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
Move the printer and router closer together: Move the printer and the computer closer to your wireless router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.
Manually connect the printer to the network: Many HP printers have a wireless setup wizard tool available on the printer control panel network or wireless settings menus. Follow the on-screen instructions to type your network name and password to connect the printer to the network.
Restart the router: If you are experiencing a slow or intermittent wireless connection, try restarting your router. Consult your router manufacturer, Internet service provider, or network administrator for instructions on how to restart the router.
Check the router band setting: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.
Check your firewall software: Your firewall software might prevent the printer from accessing the computer. Accept or allow any firewall messages that display during the printer software download and installation, or configure the software to allow HP downloads and installations.
Check for obstructions between the printer and the router: Remove any metal objects between the printer, the computer, and the access point (router). Objects such as refrigerators or metal bookcases can interfere with wireless signals.
Check for other devices that emit radio and wireless signals: Move any devices that emit radio signals, such as microwaves and cordless telephones, farther away from the printer. They can interfere with wireless signals.
Set the IP address on the printer: Your printer can bypass automatic IP address assignment by DHCP and use any valid IP address you choose. Use the front panel menu to type an IP address that is valid for use on your local area network.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP Eprint app.

If the issue still persists you can try printing using HP smart app.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP smart app.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi! @Bob692, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues printing from HP Eprint app.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned you are unable to print using print app using an android device.

Try the steps recommended below.

Try these recommendations and procedures to help troubleshoot and avoid wireless connectivity issues.
Restart the printer and the computer: Restarting the computer and the printer can clear possible error conditions.
Confirm the printer connection and network name: On the printer, make sure that the blue light next to the Wireless icon () is on and steady, then touch the Wireless network menu to make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
Move the printer and router closer together: Move the printer and the computer closer to your wireless router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.
Manually connect the printer to the network: Many HP printers have a wireless setup wizard tool available on the printer control panel network or wireless settings menus. Follow the on-screen instructions to type your network name and password to connect the printer to the network.
Restart the router: If you are experiencing a slow or intermittent wireless connection, try restarting your router. Consult your router manufacturer, Internet service provider, or network administrator for instructions on how to restart the router.
Check the router band setting: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.
Check your firewall software: Your firewall software might prevent the printer from accessing the computer. Accept or allow any firewall messages that display during the printer software download and installation, or configure the software to allow HP downloads and installations.
Check for obstructions between the printer and the router: Remove any metal objects between the printer, the computer, and the access point (router). Objects such as refrigerators or metal bookcases can interfere with wireless signals.
Check for other devices that emit radio and wireless signals: Move any devices that emit radio signals, such as microwaves and cordless telephones, farther away from the printer. They can interfere with wireless signals.
Set the IP address on the printer: Your printer can bypass automatic IP address assignment by DHCP and use any valid IP address you choose. Use the front panel menu to type an IP address that is valid for use on your local area network.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP Eprint app.

If the issue still persists you can try printing using HP smart app.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP smart app.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for all your help and advice. I found the solution by changing a setting in Gmail: turn on the 'allow less secure apps'. Thanks to Mr Robot.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.