Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Fcor

Great glad it working for you!  

HP Recommended
Unplugging and restarting did the trick. Thanks. Guess the guys from IT Crowd were right.
HP Recommended

Hi Garytech1,

I have followed all the suggested solutions on the many posting from other 7520 users experiancing this issue. I have tried both the Under preferred type 8.8.8.8 -Under alternate type 8.8.4.4 and 209.244.0.3, 209.204.0.4 set solutions. Please PM me the fix. Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

POSTING TO SAVE PEOPLE TIME FROM TRYING OLD REMEDIES

As of September 1, 2016, Web Services are no longer supported on select HP printers. The following is one of the error message encountered (the one I received):

• Server Connection Error. Unable to connect to Web Services.

Printers affected includes ours (HP Photosmart 7515 e-All-in-One Printer - C311a) and that is the message I received.

As of September 1, 2016, the following features are no longer available.

• eFax
  • HP ePrint 9remotely send a document to our home printer)
  • Scan to email (scan to file is still working)
    • IMPORTANT: Irritating to learn this the hard way. The ‘scan to email’ option is still there. When selected, it places the document in a file, the same as the ‘scan to file’ option, but it doesn’t declare that is happening.

printers affected:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05211712

I spent two and a half hours yesterday trying to enable web services by reading posts as far back as 2010 about enabling web services. I tried all of the suggestions. Today I spent an hour on the phone with HP Tech Support. The agent went through all of the steps I took yesterday and even downloaded and installed the latest HP 7510/7515 software, and then repeated the steps to enable web services again. No success. Then she escalated the issue and was told web services has been discontinued for my product. What?

The latest software for my printer still has the 'enable web services' option.  The search for the software did not pop up notices of change in services. I had to know what i was looking for to find this confirmatiuon.

Don't waste time looking for a solution. Spend the time looking for a new printer company.

Not a 'student' per my alias description, but who wants to waste time trying to figure out where that update is made?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.