Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My subject pretty much covers my question.

Why are there no A3 Printers on the Instank Ink service?

The last time this seems to have been asked was in 2016. However the answers were non descript with a simple "None"

I have 2 HP Printers an old ENVY 4520 still working well and subscribed to Instant Ink.

I needed the ability to print to A3 so last year invested in a Office Jet Pro 7740. It was a "Which" best buy, so after trying to source one during lockdown,  continually out of stock I eventually secured one.

I honestly thought time had moved on, but after set up found my printer being unable to be enrolled alongside the ENVY. I kept the ENVY more for the family to print to as it has a smaller footprint  but they appear to print to the 7740 more often. So looks like I will retire the ENVY soon.

My question is still valid though.

Why don't HP allow instant ink enrollment with A3 Printers?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you print on a A3 you will consume double the ink, and you are paying by pages printed ( not ink consumed) the printer manufacturers would be on the loss. It's all about the money. 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you for your honesty.

I pretty much concluded the same. I tend to only print photos with the ENVY now (per page at least) as it optimises the ink usage in my favour, so for 99p per month (plus cost of photo paper) for 15 pages of A4 sized photos,  (Can manage to get 4 photos on a A4) isn't that bad value.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.