Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2620
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

I've changed my router from plusnet basic one to the upgraded plusnet one router and now it won't connect, tried changing channel numbers, turning off 5ghz etc, nothing seems to work. Hoping will get some answer here.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gadgetuk99

Thank you for joining the HP Community

Note: Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.

Let's restore network settings to default settings

● Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button (X) from the printer control panel together for three seconds.

Connect the printer back to the network.

Refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series/12319824/model/167792... for Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your information, but I tried it all, I turned off 5ghz so only had the 2.4ghz on, also reset the printer as stated, still would not connect, went back to the old plusnet zero router and that connects first time, I've tried setting up by usb and it does do something when trying to connect to WiFi, it lets me put my WiFi password in and then it just says unable to connect to network, I have been on the plusnet forums and I see someone with the same problem with a different model hp printer, so it looks like it is something to do with hp printers, I even tried to get into the connection of the printer itself but the login does not let me in, I managed to upgrade the firmware on it, but still won't connect to that particular router, I wanted to connect to the printer to change the country which was Germany, but with being unable to log in to the printer thru it's WiFi I could not change that. I've since given up and gone back to the plusnet zero, but I'm worried as if I go to fibre broadband next Feb, and I have to use that plusnet one router then my printer isn't going to work over WiFi.

HP Recommended

@gadgetuk99

Appreciate all your time and efforts!

This could be the issue with the WiFi, I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support for further assistance. 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

Make sure you select the Country and Region.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.