I can't print anything from my laptop. I can print from my phone through wifi. Test print page doesn't work, but internal test page does. I've uninstalled and re-installed the software 3-4 times. The virtual agent was not able to help. I'm not tech savvy so any simple suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.
For the DNS servers please use 220.127.116.11 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 18.104.22.168 for the Alternate DNS server. These are Google’s public DNS servers
If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
8). Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer.
Add a TCP/IP port.
Print a Network Configuration Report from the Printer Settings or Wireless menu.
Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, click the Ports tab, and then click Add Port.
Select Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.
Follow the instructions to add a new port using the information listed on the Network Configuration Report.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
TEJ1602 I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".