DanCrumpton
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

dell comp

HP Recommended
Dell
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

for some reason my computer is not printing documents to the hp officeject pro 6968 wireless printer.  I used the hp system to check for problems, and I can print an internal test page, but when I try to print from word or the internet it goes to save as print.  how can I get it to print off the hp printer?

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,619 4,010
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DanCrumpton Greetings from the HP Community!

You may have selected "print to PDF" instead of the HP printer, you may want to set the HP printer as the default using the below steps and check if it works:

• To choose a default printer, select the Start  button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default. If you have Let Windows manage my default printer selected, you'll need to deselect it before you can choose a default printer on your own.
  • In Windows 10, your default can be the printer you last used. To turn on this mode, open Start  and select Settings  > Devices > Printers & scanners. Select the checkbox beside Let Windows manage my default printer.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation