Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Android 9.0 Pie

Hi, i want to scan a document with the app but i can't choose double sided, is this correct?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@n8komeet 

@n8komeet wrote:

Hi, i want to scan a document with the app but i can't choose double sided, is this correct?

Certainly could be correct.

Not all printers support 2-sided scanning.

Duplex scan is considered a "high-end" feature available on some printer models.

HP Printers – How to Scan

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Product Home

Enter the type and name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

my printer, office jet pro 9010, supports double sided printing and scanning. scanning is possible through the screen on the printer or my laptop but not through the app. The app has not this setting. I should think if hp is creating an app this should be possible.

HP Recommended

@n8komeet 

Mystery printer revealed - OfficeJet Pro 9010 does support 2-sided scan.

That HP Smart for Android does not support the option is a surprise.

Sure, seems like if HP creating an app, this should be there for supported paper sizes / paper types on documents.

No argument.

@greenturtle 

Customer wants to scan 2-sided document using his Android device and HP Smart - OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer

Do we have a video to show whether / how this is done in HP Smart Android for the 9010?

Thanks in Advance!

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 All-in-One Printer 

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @Dragon-Fur 

Unfortunately there are no videos done on double sided scanning with a HP Smart Mobile.

The closest was scanning  double-sided with HP Smart on a Win 10 PC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYo9nDWkNoI

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Click on the link to subscribe and get the latest video uploads: https://goo.gl/y4Rcn1 Remember to like and share the video if you know of friends that would find this useful. This tutorial shows how to scan a 2-sided document using HP Smart for the HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 AiO Printer series. This ...
HP Recommended

@greenturtle 

OK.

That's what I thought after looking around in the gallery - sometimes I miss something.  Smiling.

Regardless, thanks for checking!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @Dragon-Fur  @n8komeet 

Check out this new resource:

https://youtu.be/6qAt1Do-2Hk

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

@greenturtle 

Thank you!

Two-sided scan using this method is a bit of extra effort - but it works!

Very good, then.

Curious - if you know...

Assuming access to the local network and access to the Embedded Web Server via either the browser or HP Smart Mobile,

Can an operator use EWS > Webscan using his / her / their Android / iOS phone?

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur 

Tried on HP Officejet Pro 7740 & 8740.  Was able to access the Webscan on Mobile phone for these 2 printers.  However, the settings for "Document Source",  "Document Type" and "2-sided were Greyed out.   It might be due to the memory capacity on a mobile phone that the features are greyed out.  

Did not see this on a Windows PC though.

greenturtle_0-1628523174835.png

greenturtle_1-1628523383405.png

HP Recommended

@greenturtle 

Thanks.

I can't test anything using a phone  - I have the right printer (OfficeJet Pro 9025) - but my mobile phone is ancient (quite) and has never been set up for more than phone calls.  Smiling. 

Yes, agree that scanning is super resource intensive - it's always been a limiting factor.

Thanks for checking!

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.