Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJetPro 9010 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My name is Dave and I currently work for a rights based charity in the U.K. With Covid-19 we are trying to provide support to our most vulnerable people in our community and we are setting up two access points to help provide remote support and advice. These will include video conferencing booths but also a printing/scanning element. 

In these points there will be a HP OfficeJetPro 9010 Series set up with ePrinting. I have set up two email addresses through HP Smart to enable our advisers remotely print attached documents at our Access Points for our advisers. I am getting the following issues.

1. The printers are printing our organisation email signature and not the attached documents as requested. Therefore print anywhere is working but for some reason it will only ever print our email signatures. These signatures must remain in place for legal reasons so I cannot remove them.
  2. I wish to set up both printers to scan to a specific folder on Google Drive. I am unable to find any option for this on HP Smart and when I use the printers own menu it in effect tells me to install the app, which I have. How do we set up scan to email to enable our users to scan at the access points and have it sent to our remote workers either on Drive or by email? 
  3. I installed both Printers to the same Laptop and the Smart App is getting confused as to which is which, sometimes showing mixed information in the app, printers keep appearing offline despite being online and working fine - is there anyway to name the devices differently or something along those lines to enable us to prevent Windows confusing both printers in the app? 

I hope I have made myself as clear as possible in explaining the issues we have. As I said it works, but we have hit those snags and it would be really good if we could get these resolved before we launch the Access Points so we are able to full support people with the ability to print forms/food vouchers/coupons at the points remotely while our face to face services are restricted due to COVID-19. Allowing the user to be able send documents to us via the scanner is also really important. I have been able to set this up easily with other devices in the past and I don't know why HP Smart isn't able to do this at the moment.

Many thanks

David 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

One printer has since stopped being available for eprint without any explanation. 

HP Recommended

I am still having these issues. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.