Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro P1102w
Android 6.0 - 6.0.1 Marshmallow

Hey, today I decided to try connecting my printer to a wireless network but it couldn't connect to it. I tried downloading the CD for setting the printer, but it didn't show my printer name and I couldn't connect the printer to a wireless network. I'm adding an image of what it shows. I have a CD of the printer, but my computer doesn't have the disk hole, so I can't set up with a disk.

Till now I was using a USB cable to print from my computer. But I wish I could connect my printer to my phone.

Fiksavimas.JPG

Can someone help me, please?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Be sure to unplug the USB cable first.

From the Control Panel select Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and select Remove Device.

Follow the same installation as you show on the picture and select the P1100w Series (the 1st option), then select a Wireless connection.

Only when the installation asks to connect the printer plug the USB and follow the steps on screen to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Once done print from your Android device using the HP Smart app.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

The installation was successful, but it won't let me print, it says blocked or printing unsuccessful. I don't know, what's wrong? Screenshot_2019-04-05-15-50-24.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please open HP Smart and click your top printer icon, it should show you what exact error on the printer blocks printing.

Also, open your browser, browse to http://192.168.1.166 and look at your printer condition within the Home tab, what exact error condition is shown?

HP Recommended

I tried all,  nothing shows the problem. Screenshot_2019-04-07-10-05-46.png

Screenshot_2019-04-07-10-05-33.png

Screenshot_2019-04-07-10-09-10.png

Screenshot_2019-04-07-10-09-14.png

HP Recommended

From the Home tab of the EWS (the green screen), within the Reports option click Configuration Report and then click back on Home.

Does it print or do you see any other status than Online?

HP Recommended

When I click print in the app and open the link it says printing or online. It doesn't show anything different only these two. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.