Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5644
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I want to remove older printers from HP Utility but cannot find the means howto.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in.

You may also remove older printers directly from the HP Utility.

First be sure older printers no longer appear under System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.

From HP Utility click the top Device tabm then you may right click any listed device in the left pane (or CTRL + Left click) and select Remove Device.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @PPol,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to remove old printers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted J

Follow the steps in the below article to uninstall the printers from your computer.

http://hp.care/2pnKa87

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in.

You may also remove older printers directly from the HP Utility.

First be sure older printers no longer appear under System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.

From HP Utility click the top Device tabm then you may right click any listed device in the left pane (or CTRL + Left click) and select Remove Device.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks Shlomi, exactly what i was looking for!

HP Recommended

Thanks The_Fossette, but i'm not looking to remove printer drivers, just an obsolete printer and a double entry. I've allready received the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.