Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8625
macOS 10.15 Catalina

This printer has been reliable for years.  Now all of a sudden there is a screen that pops up when I try to print saying "inkjet3.driver will damage computer".  Not sure what to do. There's no way to contact HP it seems. Never had this happen before.  There doesn't seem a way to contact HP.  I hope someone finds the solution.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I manage a fleet of 90 macs and one just had the same message pop up. I'd like to know what this is and how to deal with it before the other 89 suddenly can't print probably sometime in the next three hours.

HP Recommended

Did you find out the solution?

HP Recommended

I think I figured out a solution. I went to the HP site and just re-downloaded the updated driver for my HP model printer. Followed the process and prompts. I removed any files it told me would damage my computer (there were 2). Once I did that printed the document (of course after it told me two of my ink cartridges needed replacing lol). I run a MacBook Air ps. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.