Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp photosmart 6510
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

cannot connect to internet or web based services, error encountered is   cannot connect to server i connot find my printers email address

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@SeniorGranny

A warm welcome to HP Forums!This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

It sounds like a connectivity issue with web services. Let's try these steps:

Please ensure the printer is up-to-date with its firmware. If you are unsure, you can download and install the latest firmware update from here.

Once you are up-to-date with the firmware, please set a manual IP address and manual DNS servers for the printer. The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.

For the DNS servers please use 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Alternate DNS server.

If the printer is still not able to connect to web services after assigning a manual IP and Google DNS, the try the steps available here.  

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks much for the welcome and the advice, I have managed to acquire my printers e mail address, however still cannot connect to web services or add the printer to my hp account site as it requires a claim code, I did attemp the solution of entering the beginning portion of that email address as suggested in the help section but it was rejected with the statement that a proper claim code is needed. Now it seems I need to obtain a claim code, any suggestions for a solution will be appreciated, I really just want to add my printer to my hp acct as I can get web services from my secondary hp printer. Thanks again for your help

HP Recommended

@SeniorGranny

It looks like you were interacting with @senan6806, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service. 

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02940150 and try changing the email address.

Then, try printing.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello Ram,

Thanks for responding however I do not wish to change my email address, I now have acquired my printers email address and wish to associate this printer with my hp account so that means I have to add the printer to my account which I presently am unable  to do as it seems now I need a claim code, I tried using the beginning portion of the printers email address as advised in the help section but it was not accepted. All I really want to do at this time is add this printer to my hp account, I can get web services on my other hp printer, so help please to assist me with associating/adding this printer to said account, much thanks

HP Recommended

OK now I am really ticked off, seems like my HP Photosmart 6510 B211a  which is installed on my iMac OS 10.13.6 needs a firmware update but.....as of now HP does not have a firmware update available for my OS the answer to my situation is I MUST TAKE MY PRINTER TO A WINDOWS PC,  INSTALL THE PRINTER TO THIS WIN PC, DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE, INSTALL IT ON TJE PRINTER AND THEN HAUL IT ON BACK TO MY IMAC AND ALL WILL BE FUN AND ROSIE AGAIN, WELL I SURE AS HECK WAS NOT TOLD BY HP THE PRINTER I PURCHASED SPECIFICALLY FOR ALL MY APPLE PRODUCTS WOULD ONE DAY NEED A WIN PC TO UPGRADE IT, I DO NOT OWN A WIN PC, AFTER USING WIN PC FOR 30 YEARS STARTING WITH OS 3.1 AND GOING ALL THE WAY TO WIN 8 I THREW THE WHOLE PILE OF STUFF OUT IN THE GARBAGE AND WENT BACK TO APPLE...ALL THIS HAS NAUGHT TO DO WITH MY PROBLEM HOWEVER I FEEL THAT SINCE I HAVE BEEN A HP CUSTOMER FOR O0VER 20 YEARS I HAVE EARNED THE RIGH TO FITCH A BIT. SO NOW I HAVE NO IMMEDIATE SOLUTION FOR THIS REALLY GREAT PRINTER BUT TO PRAY EACH NIGHT SOME ONE GETS AROUND TO READYING THE FIRMWARE FOR INSTALLATION ON OS 10 AND UPWARD. THANKS FOR ALL THE PATIENCE AND ADVICE YOU FOLKS DID  OFFER AND BYE FROM A VERY DISSATISFIED HP CUSTOMER WHO REALLY DOES LOVE HP PRINTERS BUT HAS SEVERE DISLIKE FOR THEIR FIRMWARE UPDATING TECHS

HP Recommended

@SeniorGranny

I see that you were interacting with @Raj1788. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks much have a great new year

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.