Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i can't find the pin number. my printer is HP LaserJet P1102w. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mon4,

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like you were interacting with The_Fossette, as I am back & I'll be glad to help you out. 

To download the drivers use this linkhttps://hp.care/2Ey1WK3

Setting up the printer for a wireless network (Windows)

Gather wireless network items, connect to your wireless network, and then install the print driver and software.

You can view a video demonstration or follow the written steps to learn how to set up a wireless connection.

Video of installing the printer in a wireless network

The following video demonstrates how to set up a wireless installation on the HP LaserJet P1102w printer on a Windows computer. The product in the video might not look exactly like your product, but the steps are the same.

View this video on YouTube.

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.

1. Gather the following items:

• Network name: The network name is the SSID.

• Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA)

• A computer that is connected to the wireless network

• Internet access (recommended): HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.

NOTE:

Internet access is not required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the HP website.

• Your wireless-capable printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.

2. Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.

3. Disconnect the USB cable if it is connected to the printer.

4. Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue.

1. Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

2. Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

3. Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Find your network name and password with an automated tool

Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to help you gather your network name (SSID) and password (WEP key or WPA passphrase), which are required during the installation to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Video of retrieving wireless network information with the HP Print and Scan Doctor

The following video demonstrates how to find wireless network information with the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor  to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@mon4

Welcome to HP Forums, 
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that you are in need of support.

Could you please brief me what pin number you are looking for?

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Hi Raj1788
I have accidentally deleted printer from my laptop. I tried to add it again but it keep asking me for a WPS PIN which should be on my printer or in the info that came with it but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks for your help. Mon4
HP Recommended

@mon4,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Raj1788, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

The WPS pin is provided by the network router and not by the printer. You can use the PC to connect the printer to the network. To give you specific steps, please reply with the operating system of your PC.

Follow the steps in the below article to connect the printer to the network wirelessly.

https://hp.care/2wWkijc

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi
My operating system is Windows 10 .
Thanks for your help .mon4
HP Recommended

@mon4,

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you follow the steps in the article provided in my previous post and check whether you are able to connect the printer wirelessly.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Fossette. I'm afraid i haven't got the CD either. is there still a chance i can get my printer working?

many thanks mon4

HP Recommended

@mon4,

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like you were interacting with The_Fossette, as I am back & I'll be glad to help you out. 

To download the drivers use this linkhttps://hp.care/2Ey1WK3

Setting up the printer for a wireless network (Windows)

Gather wireless network items, connect to your wireless network, and then install the print driver and software.

You can view a video demonstration or follow the written steps to learn how to set up a wireless connection.

Video of installing the printer in a wireless network

The following video demonstrates how to set up a wireless installation on the HP LaserJet P1102w printer on a Windows computer. The product in the video might not look exactly like your product, but the steps are the same.

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.

1. Gather the following items:

• Network name: The network name is the SSID.

• Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA)

• A computer that is connected to the wireless network

• Internet access (recommended): HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.

NOTE:

Internet access is not required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the HP website.

• Your wireless-capable printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.

2. Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.

3. Disconnect the USB cable if it is connected to the printer.

4. Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue.

1. Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

2. Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

3. Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Find your network name and password with an automated tool

Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to help you gather your network name (SSID) and password (WEP key or WPA passphrase), which are required during the installation to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Video of retrieving wireless network information with the HP Print and Scan Doctor

The following video demonstrates how to find wireless network information with the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor  to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Hi The_Fossette and Raj1788
Thanks very much for your help.finally i got it working back again. Much appreciated
Mon4
HP Recommended

@mon4

Hurray!!

I am glad that the printer is working fine now.

Please feel free to get back to us with any other technical queries. 

Have a great day!

Cheeers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.