Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 6950
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear, I have got HP OfficeJet 6950 this printer is connected via WIFI from main router (DHCP).

From main router is LAN (cable) to the other router which is switch to AP mode (the other WIFI the same name and the same IP spool) 

In second WIFI is connected NB. But this NB do not see printer. Why?

IP NB 192.128.1.118

IP PRINTER 192.168.1.116

Physical the same network.

Thank you for help.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

You can setup the notebook using 123.hp.com 

Also assign a static IP on the printer.

AUTO STATIC IP

https://supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/1972074076001/assigning-your-hp-printer-a-static-ip-ad... 

HP Recommended

Dear Will,

static IP has been setting.

I know I can use 123.hp.com but why? This is normal network configuration.

When I get NB and take to the other WIFI (main router the same as printer) all is OK.

HP Recommended

The standard printer software on the notebook may not be able to see the printer advertisement.

HP Recommended

When I get NB and take to the other WIFI (main router the same as printer) all is OK.

I try 123.

It will be easier.

Thank you very much Will

HP Recommended

That sounds like a router issue. I don't know if the software will make a difference?

HP Recommended

Hmmm,

when would I know what maybe wrong in the other router.

I will be try

HP Recommended

Instead of AP mode, can the router be put in Bridge mode and use the same SSID(names) and passwords as the Main router?

HP Recommended

I wrote wrong.

I use old TP-LINK TL-WR541G.

I use one of the LAN port as input and the others LAN (WIFI) as output. DHCP is  on main router.

In this "hacker" configuration is probably any  problem.

HP Recommended

As long as DHCP is turned off in the WR541G router, it is a good LAN to LAN config 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.