Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 3636
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

I am trying to use my Motorola Moto G to print out images on a HP 3636 printer. I have used cloud print and HP Print service plug in, also HP ePrint. They will all print just fine until I try to reduce the size of the image. No matter what size I reduce it to, the image prints the original size. The more reduced, the more pixelated it gets. I have e mailed the reduced image to my laptop and my desktop and they will both correctly print out the reduced size image, I even used two different printers. I got the idea to email myself the image onto my phone but it still printed out the large size. Any idea what is causing this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you say reduced size, do you mean that you want to print the image on a smaller paper  size or that you would  like to reduce the image size on a selected media size (have a large border around the image)?

When using HP ePrint, try playing around with the scaling, crop and fit to page options. Sometimes because of the aspect ration differnces between the original photo and the media size selected, it won't always be possible to get exactly what you want but you should be able to get close to you're desired output.

Android photo edit.JPG

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you say reduced size, do you mean that you want to print the image on a smaller paper  size or that you would  like to reduce the image size on a selected media size (have a large border around the image)?

When using HP ePrint, try playing around with the scaling, crop and fit to page options. Sometimes because of the aspect ration differnces between the original photo and the media size selected, it won't always be possible to get exactly what you want but you should be able to get close to you're desired output.

Android photo edit.JPG

"

HP Recommended

Thank you, I stumbled upon this exact solution myself playing around in frustration.  🙂 I reduce the size of the image with a free app then use HPeprint and the edit features. "Original size must be checked and the move feature usually has to be used too. It's not as easy as using a computer but it works well enough for my purpose, thanks again.

HP Recommended

Thanks' for the update - happy to help :generic:

"

HP Recommended

I have just today discovered that in its newer models of printers, the option to reduce the size of the print outcome is no longer available.  So, on my older printers, if I had a photo (of any size), the default size was represented as 100%.  But I had the option to reduce it to 75% or 50% etc.  And I could center the photo on the page.  Now I can't do that.  So HP is forcing its customers to apply convoluted work-arounds, when previously all it took was a click or two.  What small-minded jerk in the company pushed to have that happen?  Instead of improving its products, HP is consciously degrading them.  What?  Not making enough money?  I have used HP printers and computers from the get-go.  No longer.   Furthermore, customer service stinks now too.  I hope HP goes bankrupt.  No loss.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.