dsquezly
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

stolen printer

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7510 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I had a printer stolen during my move to Kansas City and I am looking for any options I have to track it down using an IP, MAC  address or its https:// location number.  Any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,555
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dsquezly, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Unless you placed/hid a tracking device on the printer, there is no built-in way to track it.  Printers do not typically have tracking devices built-in as a part of the normal hardware.

This is a case that must be conducted by your local police force or similar authority that provides theft recovery services.

It may or may not be a "lost cause", though I would certainly report it to the authorities - if they do find a cache of printers somewhere and yours is with them, you may get it back or at least help prove the thieves are in possession of your property.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation