Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have alway used the HP smart print to print. Last night the app started to lock up. I went to the app setting on my laptop and used the repair button. After doing that every time I open the app it says it's going to cloud services and a screen comes up the wants me to sign in or create an account. I never had to do that before. I was always able to click the print or scan buttons in the smart print app and It would do the job.My computer sees the printer tells me it is ready but every job I try to do print or scan it opens up a cloud service That wants me to log in. i don't want to use a cloud. I never had to before. Came anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this? I'm running Windows 10 Home version2004

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@woody102, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You can install the full-featured software instead of HP Smart if you do not want to use cloud services.

Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.