Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i just find a temporary solution as i was assuming you can control the state of audio hardware in the registry of windows 10 oh my god it was a long way to solve this 🙂

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/System-Sound-Delay/td-p/6224970

New temporary solution that works with Realtek drivers.

Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\xxxx\PowerSettings

where 'xxxx' is one of keys which contains

DriverDesc value 'Realtek High Definition Audio'.

Note: There may be multiple ones containing PowerSettings,

for example 'Nvidia High Definition Audio'.

You'll find there three binary values and set them:

ConservationIdleTime = ff ff ff ff;
IdlePowerState = 00 00 00 00;
PerformanceIdleTime = ff ff ff ff.
Default values are all 00 00 00 00 which disables power settings,

but driver somehow overrides it with 0a 00 00 00

which is 10 seconds (0x0a = 10) and is by default in driver.

Problem shouldn't occur again after restart (or I haven't noticed).

This is not solution to problem,

it only prevents audio hardware going idle,

but I don't see any impact on energy consumption.

I'm going to send mail to Realtek support about this problem

as it's clearly driver problem,

and when (or if) they respond I'll post an update.
HP Recommended

I can't believe this actually worked! After spending almost an entire year trying to find a solution, it was only a matter of finding the correct solution. Thanks. I'll let you all know if there are any adverse effect to this tweak, and this should be posted on HP's web sire as a solution to this problem.

HP Recommended

I would like to add for users not familiar with searching the registry for these settings, there is one more step.

On my Envy Laptop in the same registry file you had to:

Click on the key's actual drop down arrow

Search for the "PowerSettings" folder

For my registry key this was located under both files "0001" and "0007" AND both locations had the Idle values incorrectly stated.

Once I corrected both of these manually my 3-4 second delay was solved. Kudos to FVB-92 for finding this though. Thanks!

HP Recommended

HP must hire this guy with user name Xaoc immediately https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3081431

he did what their so called tech geeks couldn't do. 

Thanks Man for all your efforts! You really helped us. God bless you!

HP Recommended

I found that this actually does fix the issue with one caveat; the driver seems to change it back to 0A 00 00 00 after a few minutes!

My method to fix this was that I revoked the permissions of the driver to the PowerSettings Key. I essentially made it read only for anyone who isn't me (administrator). 

You can do this by right clicking on the PowerSettings folder and selecting permissions. Click advanced and disable inheritance to edit the permissions individually. Change all the users with "full control" to only "read" (except for the administrator) 

EDIT: Unfortunately, this issue would keep on showing up no matter what I did. If I changed the values in regedit, Realtek would change it back after a restart. If I removed Realtek's permission to change it, then Realtek would change its permissions. 

Ultimately, I was able to solve the issue by changing the driver to Windows Audio

This is more for anyone who stumbles upon this thread and still has issues after doing the above procedure (the one by FVB-92)

HP Recommended

How to easily solve the audio delay issues in a safe way by using a step by step manual : https://neosmart.net/wiki/fix-realtek-audio-delay-lag/

Best Rgds, Christer

HP Recommended

Wow - this one worked immediately. Not only that it worked - my audio signal is loader and better sounding now. Thank you very much for this hot tip.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same issue since I purchased my HP laptop in last year. Today I fixed it by just Restoring Defaults under 

Speakers/Headphone Properties > Advanced > Restore defaults
Speakers/Headphone Properties > Spacial Sound > Restore defaults

May be this can work and be helpful to someone facing the same sound delay issue.

HP Recommended

Thank you Xaoc and everyone trying to fix this problem. However minute this problem was for me, it bugged the crap out of me. The support from Realtek/HP feels virtually non-existent regarding this issue. Enter the helpfull tech community. This workaround fixed the problem for me (hopefully it remains that way). Maybe there is a solid reason Realtek/ HP didn't seem to be able to give the support plenty of users wanted, but the lack of official help gives me bad feelings about Realtek/HP. 

Not from HP / Well informed non-expert.
HP Recommended

Thank you for this workaround. It works great on my Pavilion Power 15-cb035tx.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.