Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-2157ez
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello again,

since I installed new operating system, after installation of all drivers and programs I found that my audio lamp indicates "mute", which is orange/red in colour. My system is not muted, i normaly control volume with touch and mute button normaly functions when I touch it, but colour and mute indication is always on and does not change! It is always red!

I find it very anoying since I cant figure out where is the problem.

When I press my power button audio lamp is white while system boots, but few seconds before I can see desktop it goes red/mute.

I had the same windows version before and I did not have this issue (I installed new SSD so needed to install new windows).

Did anyone report this problem before? What is solution to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey@yowandbm,

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums. One stop for all solutions about your HP product.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I was going through your post and would like to help you.

Need assistance in fixing the audio issue on the PC. Is that, Correct?

I recommend you to try the steps below and check if that solves the issue you have encountered on your PC.

• Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  • Expand the node that represents the Sound, Game, and Video controllers, right-click the device entry and click Uninstall.
  • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  • When the uninstall process is complete, restart the device.

Hope the above steps will help you finds the solution. Please share more to serve you.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey@yowandbm,

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums. One stop for all solutions about your HP product.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I was going through your post and would like to help you.

Need assistance in fixing the audio issue on the PC. Is that, Correct?

I recommend you to try the steps below and check if that solves the issue you have encountered on your PC.

• Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  • Expand the node that represents the Sound, Game, and Video controllers, right-click the device entry and click Uninstall.
  • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  • When the uninstall process is complete, restart the device.

Hope the above steps will help you finds the solution. Please share more to serve you.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the solution!

Normaly I would also try something like that but I wanted to see if there were any HP driver software related solutions.

Actually there was no problem with audio itself, just with the lamp as it was always mute-like.

Thanks again for the solution, I always like to go away happy with the problem solved. You are the experts, I really appreciate your assistance.

Kind Regards

yowandbm

HP Recommended

Hey@yowandbm,

Thanks for the response.

Glad to hear that the solution worked.

You can reach out to HP Support Forums anytime for any issues on your HP Products in the future as well.

Happy posting and great day ahead.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.