Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have the same exact problem. What should I do?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Kimerus I may have overlooked your post as there were multiple members active and your ID is same as the OP, well almost same, anyway, if you've gone through the same steps as the OP, I need to know if you've connected an alternate speaker or headphones to the device and get the same audio pops? and latency? please let me know.

Also,do create a new user account and check if that helps!

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No problem. 

I've gone through the same steps as the OP. I've tried using a bluetooth speaker, a bluetooth headset and some headphones connected thorugh the aux jack. I don't get the audio/video desync but I get the same audio pops and latency and also have some microseconds of no audio totally random. 

Latency it's always very high and latencymon keep saying

"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates." 

I also tried creating a new account but the problem persists.

HP Recommended

@Kimerus If you've done all that and yet the issue persists, we may need to backup all important data and perform a system reset: click here for details,

Also, to ensure this isn't a hardware issue, I suggest running an extensive test using HP diagnostics tools:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I performed a system reset and tried using latencymon immediately after the reset. The results are the same.

I performed the diagnostic test and everything is good.

I can't understand what it could be. After 2 minutes of watching a TV shows on Prime video, Netflix or YouTube it starts lagging (there are some moments in which it goes at like 10 fps instead of 24-30 and it happens very very often), popping and desyncing. It's really impossible to use this pc this way. 

I also tried to perform another system reset, right now I'm in a full clean installation of Windows 10 but the problem still persists. I uninstalled nvidia driver, realtek driver and same, no solution.

What else can I try to do?

HP Recommended

@Kimerus As our last resort, I suggest you make use of the HP recovery media, If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

Keep us posted

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm trying to use Hp Cloud Recovery Tool but when it gets to 94% the bar goes red and says there is an error.  

This is a link to the logs I get. I've tried two times and it keeps blocking at 94%. My internet connection is fine.

HP Recommended

@Kimerus It looks like we've done everything that could possibly resolve the issue, since the issue persists and the cloud recovery isn't working, you can either order a recovery media as suggested before or I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I finally managed to create an usb recovery tool using another PC. I performed a reset with it but unfortunately it didn't resolve the problem. I think the only solution is to call my country's HP customer service as I suggested.

HP Recommended

@Kimerus I'm afraid you are right, please do contact them and let us know if you need anything else,

Good luck and have a good day, ahead.

Stay well.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.