Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Laptop 15-ax009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I've noticed when playing games on my laptop that the audio is very flat with very little to no bass. I then went to open up the B&0 Audio control panel app, only to find that it wasn't working, I've tried stopping the service and opening Untitled.pngit up again but it does not open. I've updated the BIOS and all my drivers, yet it's still not working. Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try downloading and reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio software package on the following link - this should also reinstall the B&o gui.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80538.exe

When the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try downloading and reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio software package on the following link - this should also reinstall the B&o gui.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80538.exe

When the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks alot it worked this time round, just for future reference is there a reason why this has happened? I always update my drivers and have never uninstalled any of them. 

Other than that i'm very thankful for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

It's difficult to say exactly what caused the problem, but my best guess would be a Windows update.

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

After installing the driver update that you provided me, about a month later I received another update through Driver Booster 4 telling me there was another update to the Realtek Audio Driver, however after installing the update and restarting my laptop, I found that Bang & Olufsen Audio Control wasn't working nor was it running and I couldn't even run it. 

I guess I'll keep to this driver update that you've provided me until I hear that HP has released some sort of update to resolve this issue, other than that, the driver is working just fine.

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

I got my Audio working again by going back to older driver

Device Manager

Realtek High Def Audio

Update Driver

Browse Computer

Let me pick from list

Choose: version 6.0.1.7730  1/26/16

then reboot after

Don't let Driver Booster Bullying you into upgrading it again!

HP Recommended

I HAVE NEW LAPTOP HP ENVY CORE I5 ,AT THE FIRST TIME I BOUGHT I IT WAS WORKING BUT LATER I INSTALL NEW WINDOWS 10 {64 BIT } AND ITS SOUND STOP WORKING I INSTALLED THE NEW DRIVER FROM HP SUPPORT CENTER BUT WHEN I RESTARTED IT I CANT OPEN THE SHOTCUT FOR BANG AND OLUFSEN SOUND SYSTEM IT ALSO DONT HAVE EFFECT IT SUCKS WHEN I COMPARE WITH THE FIST I  PLAYED ..HELP PLZ...

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

After my last comp update my sound completely stopped working, I have re-downloaded the Realtek driver but still do not have the Bang Olufsen Audio controls or have any sound?? Please help 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.