Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Same problem with this HP model: HP ENVY Notebook M3Z71EA#ABZ Windows 10 Home 64 bit 

More over I cannot tick or untick the Bang & Olufsen radio button as seen in the images.

I tried update uninstall reinstall the realtek driver, nothing changes.

HP Recommended

Hi @arman_alam,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the sound after upgrade to windows 10. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please look at the following documents.

Beats Volume Control Direction Setting Does Not Work

No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10)

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@Tardis40,

Thank you for replying,

I did look at the documents and downloaded the Framework Software, nothing changed. Updating the drivers did nothing as always. Firstly, my audio brand is Bang & Olufsen so Beats drivers won't work and secondly the only problem is that the Bass slider has no effect on the bass. The sound is there but the Subwoofer does not work, making the sound quality awful to the ears. I have tried to solve this issue several times and have spent a lot of time trying to fix it with support from people from HP but there are still no changes in the bass by using the bass slider.

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

@arman_alam,

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I've had the same problem on my HP Envy 15T-ae100 with Bang & Olufsen speakers.  The speakers sound very tinny and thin.  I've noticed that sometimes after a minute or two the right-speaker and/or subwoofer will kick in and the sound will be richer; other times it won't kick in at all.

With HP remote access, a support tech completely uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled them, and also updated the BIOS.  None of that helped.  I don't experience the problem with my earphones plugged in; only with the sound coming through the speakers.  Based on that, HP said it is a hardware issue and not a software issue.

HP sent a tech to replace the 2 speakers and the subwoofer today.  When the tech was done, we played some audio files for a few minutes and they sounded great.  Shortly after the tech left my home, the problem reoccured as I described it above.  Sound thin and tinny and mostly coming from the left side of the speaker above the keyboard (and even more sound from the bottom of the unit).  Then after about a minute, more sound from the right side above the keyboard and richer sound because I heard a "tick" and then the sound kicked in more fully.

This is very frustrating.  Any ideas?

Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, please review this link.

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I also have an HP Envy and my soud was working great until I did one of the updates from the support assistant.   Now the sound dialog will not show devices when I first boot up.   I cannot play videos for testing as part of my job.  

I need to reboot every morning to get sound to work.  Then if I am away from the computer for a long time when I get back the sound modal once again is not working.   When I close the modal and say close the program (because it is not responding) It says something about Shell DLL.

I need this fixed as it is affecting the ability to do my job.

HP Recommended

On May 15th, for $1,700, I purchased an HP Envy 27".  With so many other good choices Dell, Asus in particular,  why did I decide on the Envy.  It was entirely due to the Nvidia Graphics and Bang & Olufsen.  I have neither one!!!!!  How did that happen?  Same as the thousands of others since 2016 - Windows does an update and poof the B&O is gone as is the beautiful display.  This is a known problem - HP is no help and has not sent out a "fix."   No help in spite of two calls to HP and yes I have a case number.  I am an older person (over 60) and to be told do this - download this but be sure to re-boot in safe mode - say what?   "What is a re-boot"?  I was two days passed my return date when I figured out after a whipe clean start over and one restore that I am stuck with this  $1,700 machine and will never get back the B&O - time to return and get something that actually has what is advertised and I paid for!    Did I mention that when I first plugged in comp all went really well - that is until the HP welcome crap came on the screen and froze - colored tiles but no wording and no walk thru - FROZE.  After 30 minutes, I had to turn off.  Paid a professional to help (had to do a recovery) after calling HP and well - you see how that goes.   Don't buy HP.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.