11-09-2017 04:43 AM
I recently had to had to change my hard drive and i installed windows 8.1 instead of windows 8 on my HP Envy m6 with beats audio as a result of which I lost my Beats audio driver.
Now in order to reinstall the driver i followed the steps you mentioned and tried tried to reboot the system with unsucessful results. It kept giving me and error asking me to install operating system and boot drive not found.
So i switched the Boot settings from secure boot to legacy and it worked fine. Now i hv beats audio too but i was hoping if there was any way to switch back to secure boot without losing the beats audio driver?
Your reply will be highly appreciated.
12-18-2019 09:01 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP