Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 17 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new JBL Charge 4 bluetooth speaker, but my Envy 17 Notebook running Windows 10 will not send sound to it. It recognizes the bluetooth as "other," but not as "audio." JBL suggests that the driver may not be A2DP, but when I try to update the driver, it says I have the most current one. Is there a 3rd party driver I can use so that my laptop can connect to my speaker?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JackieDinTexas Please follow below steps to connect the Bluetooth speakers.

1. Turn on your Bluetooth audio device and make it discoverable.

The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. Check the device or visit the manufacturer's website to learn how.

2. Turn on Bluetooth on your PC if it's not on already. To do this, on the taskbar, select action center  > Bluetooth.

3. In action center, select Connect > the device name.

Procedure for connecting to bluetooth from the taskbar

4. Follow any more instructions that might appear. Otherwise, you're done and connected.

Your Bluetooth device and PC will usually automatically connect anytime the two devices are in range of each other with Bluetooth turned on.

Tip

Not seeing your Bluetooth audio device? Learn how to try to fix this.

To connect a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, or other device

1. Turn on your device and make it discoverable.

2. Select the Start 

Start symbol

button, then select Settings  > Devices > Bluetooth.
  3. Turn on Bluetooth > select the device > Pair.

4. Follow any more instructions if they appear.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, but I've done all these things already. Some people in a JBL forum have said that the driver might be  A2DP, but that it only goes one way, not two. This is a very new speaker, and the HP is not so new. That's why I'm thinking I may need  3rd party driver... or perhaps there's something in the hardware or firmware that's keeping it from pairing correctly (note: it pairs, but it doesn't recognize it as an audio device). 

HP Recommended

@JackieDinTexas Did you happen to check if the device works fine on any alternate laptops with the Windows 10 OS in it? Also, if it works on other devices and not in this particular device, I suggest you create a new user account and check if that helps, as most drivers on Windows 10 are automatically installed, if a particular driver isn't installed by HP, generic drivers of the same would be installed automatically, although, you may want to check the JBL website for drivers specifically made for the speakers, and install the same.

Let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.